Experience More With CUTX
Experience more everything. More service. More value. More solutions to your financial needs. That’s why we're here. Actually, it’s the only reason we're here. We're interested in what’s going on with you above all else, and our employees are empowered to help you get where you are going, wherever that financial highway takes you. We want you to feel how much we truly care about you. At the end of every interaction we have with you, our goal is that little nod and smile that you can’t fight off when you experience something unexpected. That’s the CUTX way.
In 1931, a small group of Dallas teachers applied for a credit union charter. In the beginning, CUTX's assets totaled only $65! Today, CUTX has grown to more than $1.6 Billion in assets, serving more than 147,000 members in all 50 states.
The responsibility for the successful operation of CUTX is vested in a volunteer Board of Directors elected from the membership each year at CUTX's Annual Meeting. CUTX is owned by its members and is operated in accordance with the laws governing credit unions in the State of Texas. As a member, your deposits are federally insured by the National Credit Union Administration, a United States government agency.
In recent years, CUTX has been recognized for the work we do in the communities we serve. See some of our most recent awards below.
Awarded the Friend of Education Award from Allen ISD
- Anyone who lives, works or attends an institution of higher learning in Dallas, Denton, Collin, and Rockwall counties, or Upshur, Wood, Gregg, Harrison, Marion, Morris, Camp and Smith counties.
- Anyone who lives or works in select areas of Grayson, Fannin, Ellis, Tarrant and Hunt counties. See our coverage map for details.
- Any member of a school-related association or organization created to service or assist public or private schools.
- Any employee of these companies/organizations . If your company/organization would like to offer credit union membership, check out how to Become a Select Employee Group.
- Anyone related (by blood, marriage or adoption) to individuals that meet the qualifications above or is already a member with Credit Union of Texas.
SPONSORSHIPS & DONATIONS
Credit Union of Texas supports educational and scholastic initiatives across the entire Dallas community by hosting and sponsoring numerous events and fundraisers benefiting schools, community non-profits, special needs groups, and first responders. Want to request a donation or sponsorship for your organization's event? Simply fill out the Sponsorship and Donations application.
SPECIAL PROGRAMS & DISCOUNTS
Being a Credit Union of Texas member doesn't just mean great accounts and loan rates - it also means you have access to additional programs and discounts. If you are a student, veteran, active military, or first responder, check out our Special Programs and Discounts page for full details.
Upon request, a member is entitled to review or receive a copy of the most recent version of the following credit union documents: Balance sheet and income statement; a summary of the most recent annual audit; written board policy regarding access to the articles of incorporation, bylaws, rules, guidelines, board policies, and copies thereof; and Internal Revenue Service Form 990. Depending upon the document involved, there may be a charge for copying.VIEW LATEST ANNUAL REPORT VIEW DIRECTOR MEETING FEES