Free up funds for any reason. We make it easy to get some financial flexibility you need this month.
- Skip one qualified loan payment each year1 and put it to use where it can help you
- Make sure your loan is current—not more than 25 days past due, or paid ahead more than 40 days
- Once you make at least four payments, you can request to skip a payment
- Request your skip at least three days before your payment is due
For just $25, you can skip a loan payment under $150; a $35 fee applies to payments over $150.
Even if your payment is set up through another financial institution, you can skip a payment. Just make sure you connect with them, as well.
Specific Loans Only
Keep in mind, you can't skip payments for Platinum and Platinum Rewards Mastercards, Home Equity Loans, Personal Lines of Credit, and loans included in a bankruptcy.
You May Also Be Interested In
Credit Union of Texas is a full-service financial institution headquartered in North Texas, serving members throughout the state and country including Dallas, Denton, Collin, Rockwall and Upshur and its surrounding counties.
1. All signers on the account must agree. We accept payments at any time, however, extra payments will not change the due date of the next scheduled loan payment. Interest will accrue during the skip pay period and when payments resume, unpaid interest will be collected first. In all other respects, the provisions of the original agreement remain in full form and effect. This may/will affect Credit Life and Disability Insurance GAP or Mechanical Breakdown Insurance (MBI) coverage on your loan. Please refer to your contract.
Members with NSF/Overdraft with over 20 days due or overdraft balance over $800 do not qualify. Members cannot have any charge-offs with the credit union. Members are only allowed one Skip-A-Payment every twelve months per loan. Members must provide a valid mailing address. Certain restrictions apply.
By participating in the Skip-A-Payment program, you authorize CUTX to advance your loan due date by one month on the eligible loan(s) you select and acknowledge that this may extend the maturity date of your loan(s).