Refinance Your Auto Loan
Get More From Your Loan
Help With Your Vehicle and Payment Protection
Make No Payments For 120 Days²
We Can Help You
We're driven by the desire to help our community and provide the best possible financial services for our members. Unlike big banks that prioritize profits over people, we always put the needs of our members first and would love to help you save money and refinance your auto. Give us a call and see what we can do for you!
Decision in Seconds
Get a decision in 20 seconds or less using our auto loan short app! You're already on our website, so just click the button below to get started and you'll be able to complete the process as fast as you can type. If you'd prefer to talk with someone about your current auto situation instead, you can always contact us at 972-705-4840.
FAQ - Auto Refinance
Most people refinance their vehicles because they can save a lot of money compared to their original loan. Perhaps the dealer gave you a higher rate than you should have had, or included extras you didn’t know you agreed to. Perhaps your credit score has improved and you qualify for a lower rate, or interest rates have fallen since you got your current loan. Whatever the reason, refinancing often means that you have the very same car for a lot less money every month.
Savings depend on many factors including whether you qualify for a lower interest rate than you currently have, whether you have extra charges on your current loan that you wish to do away with, whether interest rates have risen or dropped since you got your loan. Use the Auto Refinance Calculator to get an estimate of how much your new payments might cost.
Refinancing makes the most sense when:
- You still have several years on your current loan
- You do not owe more than the car is worth
- Your car is less than seven years old or has under 75,000 miles
- Your current Lienholder Information – found in monthly loan statements, purchase paperwork, or loan coupon book
- Proof of insurance
- Approximate vehicle mileage – rounded to the nearest 100 miles
- Vehicle VIN number – usually found on your insurance card or vehicle purchase paperwork
A refinance can usually be completed in a day or two. The approval process for a refinance can take as little as a few minutes. After your new loan is signed, you have 90 days with no payments before you begin making payments to CUTX with your new, lower monthly payment, but remember interest begins the day your loan is funded.
- If you are a member of CUTX: Log into online banking and make a payment with a funds transfer.
- If not a member: Use your financial institution to pay via Billpay
- Pay over phone: Call 972-263-9497, choose option 4 for Member Services ($15 Service Fee is applied to phone payments)
- Make a payment through Speedpay
- Make an automated payment through Telephone Teller: Call 972-263-9497, choose option 1
CUTX requires that you carry proper insurance on your loan. To verify insurance, please click here and provide the declaration page provided by your insurance company that shows Credit Union of Texas listed as lien holder. A copy of your insurance card is not acceptable for this documentation.
If you prefer to send us your proof of insurance by mail or fax, please mail a copy of your declarations page to:
PO Box 690588
San Antonio, TX 78269
This address is for providing proof of insurance only. Please do not send your loan payments to this address.)
You can also contact us with any other questions about providing proof of insurance at these numbers:
866-382-0069 Insurance Service Center
We are now redirecting from the Credit Union of Texas (CUTX) website and to the FairLease website.
We are now redirecting from the Credit Union of Texas (CUTX) website and to the AutoMarket website.
You have selected a link that will take you away from the Credit Union of Texas website to a third-party website. Credit Union of Texas is not responsible for the content of the third-party website. The Credit Union does not provide and is not responsible for the product, service, or overall website content available on the third-party website. Privacy and security policies of the Credit Union do not apply to third-party websites and you should consult the privacy and security disclosures on that site for further information. By clicking on the CONTINUE button, you will be taken to the linked site.
1. APR = Annual Percentage Rate. Rate shown is the lowest rate available, no additional discounts apply, and is accurate as of April 8, 2020. Loans and Rates are subject to credit approval. Rates and terms are subject to change without notice. Offer excludes all loans already financed at CUTX.
2. Interest will accrue during the deferment period. To be eligible for the no payment for 120 days applicant must have FICO score of 680 or above.