CUTX Member Scholarship Program
Credit Union of Texas (CUTX) is pleased to offer eight $2,500 scholarships to student members. This scholarship is open to high school seniors, current college students, and members who want to further their education. Please read the following instructions and requirements carefully to find out how we can help you become the next CUTX scholarship recipient.
Candidates must meet all the following requirements:
- Scholarship applicant (not applicant's parent) must be a CUTX member with a checking account prior to applying.
- Applicant's account must be in good standing.
- Applicant must be a U.S. citizen or permanent legal resident.
- Applicant must be able to provide CUTX with a written acceptance letter to an accredited U.S. university or college that will award a degree upon completion.
- Applicant must submit all required attachments with application.
- Applicant's high school or college transcripts must reflect a GPA of 3.0 or better (on a 4.0 scale).
- Incomplete applications will not be eligible.
CUTX employees and family members of CUTX employees are NOT eligible for this scholarship. Late or incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Complete the application in its entirety. You may attach additional sheets of paper if necessary.
- Make sure to include all required attachments (see below) with completed application. Scholarship applications and related attachments will not be returned. Please do not submit original copies.
- Email completed application and attachments to: email@example.com (preferred)
or mail to: Student Member Scholarship Committee, Credit Union of Texas, P.O. Box 7000, Allen, Texas 75013-1305
Scholarship entry packet must be postmarked by June 3rd, 2022. Entries postmarked after that date will be ineligible. Finalists selected by the CUTX scholarship committee will be contacted by July 1st, 2022.
Please submit the following attachments along with completed application to CUTX. Any applications submitted that do not have all the required attachments will be ineligible.
- Copy of applicant's high school or college transcripts with GPA. (Unofficial)
- An academic resume.
- Two current letters of recommendation. One letter must be from a professional/scholastic reference and one must be from a personal reference. Each letter should be dated and include the name, address, and phone number of the referrer. The letter must state how long and in what capacity the referrer knows the applicant.
All applications must include a typed essay. There is no limit on word count. The essay topic is: Discuss an accomplishment, event, or realization that sparked a period of personal growth and a new understanding of yourself or others.
Criteria For Selection
In addition to eligibility guidelines, the following will be considered in selecting recipients:
- Academic Performance — Academic performance and honors, class rank, and ACT/SAT test scores
- Activities — Community and school activities, involvement, leadership positions, and awards/recognition
- Essay — On assigned topic mentioned above
Additional Requirements / Final Judging Round
If selected as a finalist, applicant may be asked to meet with the CUTX Scholarship Committee for an interview. At that time, applicant will need to provide the following:
- Official school transcripts with school seal. These must be current transcripts for high school seniors and the most recent transcripts for all other applicants.
- An acceptance letter to an accredited college or university.
Scholarship applications and related attachments will not be returned. Please do not submit original copies.
Please be sure to complete the application and send it in along with the required additional information. Any applications that do not have the required attachments will be ineligible.
Send completed materials no later than June 3rd, 2022.
Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org (preferred)
Or mail to: Member Scholarship Committee, Credit Union of Texas, P.O. Box 7000, Allen, TX 75013-1305