CUTX has two levels of checking accounts: Secure Checking and Secure Checking Plus. Each account includes a host of added extras such as identity protection, extended warranties, and travel and pharmacy discounts, which add up to thousands in savings.
Types of Checking Accounts
CUTX’s Secure Checking protects you with ID theft monitoring and resolution, including credit report monitoring (which reveals when theft has occurred). It also includes benefits like overdraft, cell phone protection, extended warranties, and earned interest.
All the benefits of a Secure Checking account with higher earned interest and discounts on travel, entertainment, and health. Plus reduced fees on wire transfers and cashier’s checks, AD&D Insurance, and cash back member rewards. We added everything we could think of in this deluxe checking account!
CUTX answers all inquiries Monday through Friday 9:00 am to 6:00 pm and Saturdays 10:00 am to 2:00 pm.
Checking Account Rates
The Annual Percentage Yields (APYs) are accurate as of October 29, 2019 and are subject to change.
Please select your min balance
$0 - $999
Secure Plus Checking
Make The Most Of Your Checking
Online & Mobile Banking
Bank any time and anywhere with Online and Mobile Banking. Deposit checks, pay bills, and transfer funds between accounts, all on your mobile device. Store your CUTX MasterCard debit card in your Digital Wallet and pay with just a tap of your thumb. CUTX brings banking to you.
Debit Cards With Extras
CUTX Mastercard® debit cards come with a lot of extras including Extended Warranty, Price Protection, Purchase Protection Coverage, Road and Travel Assist Services, Global Services, and Mastercard® Securecode.™ Use it old school style, or store it on Apple or Google Pay Digital Wallets.
Get Debit Card Alerts
We text you when suspicious activity is detected on your debit card, or any time a debit card transaction occurs. Through CUTX Online Banking, you can opt in to any number of alerts for important events like suspected debit card fraud, online transactions, international transactions, declined transactions, or even transactions over an amount threshold that you set.
Banking by Text
You can also text us to let us know you want to see your balance, transfer funds, see recent history, or many other activities using abbreviated text commands. Sign up in Online Banking.
Free Electronic Statements
Electronic statements are faster, safer, and more accessible than paper statements and they’re free! Keep records of all your bank statements for years without a cumbersome pile of paper. Just log in to Online Banking and enroll to go paperless!
Become a Money Management Master
Interested in receiving helpful tips, insight, and strategies for saving and managing your money? Enroll in CUTX's Money Management Email Series today!
Thank you for submitting your email!
FAQ - Checking
How much do each of the checking accounts cost?
Secure Checking costs only $6 a month for all the extras. Secure Checking Plus is only $10 a month.
How do I get a debit card for my checking account?
When you open your account online, you will have the chance to request a debit card that will be mailed to you once your account is opened. Alternatively you can pick up a new or replacement debit card by
How does the insurance and purchase protection work?
Just use your debit card to pay for items and services and it’s like buying an extended warranty or the extra insurance for up to a year.
Do your checking accounts offer overdraft protection?
Absolutely! You can set up overdraft protection from a savings account or line of credit, and we can transfer money into your account for a fee of only $5. If you have Secure Plus, it costs only $1. However, if you do not have the funds in any account you may still be able to sign up for Privilege Pay5 for $35 per transaction.
Do you require a minimum balance in checking accounts?
Opening an account requires a minimum deposit of $25. Aside from that there are no minimum balance requirements.
What are CUTX Perks?
CUTX Perks let you earn points just for using your debit card if you have a Secure Checking or Secure Plus Checking with CUTX. So, in addition to having purchase protection and other extras, you can build points toward purchasing gifts and rewards across numerous categories from apparel to travel.
This is a common question people ask when they are just starting out. We can help you answer this question, and we’ll get you off on the right foot with money management habits that will serve you well in the future. Your checking and savings accounts...
Should you pay for stuff with your credit card or with a debit card? Bottom line, it comes down to how financially disciplined you are. If you're the kind of person who only charges what they need and pays their balance off every month like clockwork...
Budgets are a great tool but two-thirds of Americans don’t make them, and of the third who do, many don’t keep them. Why? Because a budget sounds like a diet. People think of both of these things as a punishment for being undisciplined...
1. Registration and activation required. Health Discount Savings is not insurance. 2. Refer to Guide To Benefits for complete details of coverage. 3. Order must be placed within 180 days (6 months) of account opening. 4. Plateau Insurance Company of Crossville, TN. will be the Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance underwriter. Insurance products are not a deposit; not NCUA insured; not an obligation of credit union; and not guaranteed by credit union or any affiliated entity. 5. Overdraft Privilege Pay. This is an optional service on eligible Checking Accounts for each membership. This service allows us to pay, at our discretion, any withdrawal order item (whether by check, electronic funds transfer, including ATM and everyday (one-time) debit card transactions and Automated Clearing House (ACH) preauthorized transactions) if you do not have enough available funds to cover the item(s) in your Checking Account. However, if you would like to include overdrafts for ATM and everyday (one-time) debit card transactions, you are required to “opt-in” (in other words, you must provide us with your affirmative consent) to the overdraft service.
If we pay overdraft items for you, we will charge your Account an overdraft fee for each overdraft, as set forth in the Truth-In-Savings Fee Schedule. The total amount of the overdraft item(s) and all applicable fees, including but not limited to the overdraft fees, are included in the Overdraft Privilege Pay limit. Items are processed in the order in which they are received by the Credit Union, which can affect the total amount of Overdraft Privilege Pay and overdraft fees you incur. Any deposits made to your overdrawn Account are applied to the negative balance, including any amount you owe for the use of the Overdraft Privilege Pay service and all applicable fees.
With Overdraft Privilege Pay we will generally pay your overdraft items up to a total of $800.00; however, whether your overdrafts are paid is discretionary and we reserve the right not to pay an overdraft on your Checking Account. For example, we typically do not pay overdrafts if your Account is not in good standing, or you are not making regular deposits, or you have too many overdrafts. Eligibility is at the sole discretion of the Credit Union and is based on you managing your Checking Account in a responsible manner. No application is required for Overdraft Privilege Pay.
Your Overdraft Privilege Pay may be suspended or permanently removed based on any one of the following criteria:
• You are more than 20 calendar days past due on any Credit Union loan or delinquent on any other obligation to the Credit Union.
• You are subject to any legal or administrative order, levy, or are currently a party in a bankruptcy proceeding.
• Your Account is in review for fraudulent activity or transactions.
• You are less than 18 years old and the Primary Account Owner.
• A TeleCheck or any other negative indicator has been reported to us.
• Your Account has been opened less than 60 calendar days.
• Your Account is classified as inactive.
• You have an unresolved prior loss with the Credit Union.
• Your Account balance has not had a positive balance within 30 calendar days. We do not have a valid address for you.
• We believe you are not managing your Account in a responsible manner which may harm you or the Credit Union.
If you no longer want Overdraft Privilege Pay on your Account, simply contact us at 972-263-9497 or 800-314-3828 or visit a Store location. It is important for you to consider that if you choose not to participate in this service you are instructing us not to pay item(s) presented against your Account which exceed the available balance. A non-sufficient funds fee may be charged for each item returned on your Account, as set forth in the Truth-In-Savings Fee Schedule.
The Credit Union’s forbearance from, or delay in, exercising any of the Credit Union’s rights, remedies, privileges, or right to insist on your strict performance or any provisions of the Account Agreement, the Overdraft Privilege Pay, or any other provision related to your Account, shall not be construed to be a current or future waiver of the Credit Union’s rights, remedies or privileges.