FINANCIAL ADVICE | Fraud protection
Best Account Security Tools at CUTX
Published February 7, 2019
- When you trust us with your finances, you get two sets of protection tools.
- When you opt in for CUTX alerts, you get real-time text warnings.
- That’s why your best option to secure your identity is CUTX’s Secure Checking.
Keeping Your Accounts Secure At CUTX
Keeping your account safe is a priority at CUTX, and that includes both the security of your assets and your personal information. If we notice any suspicious activity on your accounts, we’ll contact you to verify its authenticity.
When you trust us with your finances, you get two sets of protection tools:
- We have protections built into our system that are designed to safeguard your accounts from fraud
- Tools like Debit Credit Card Fraud alerts that can serve as your first line of defense
When you opt in for CUTX alerts, you get real-time text warnings if your debit card is blocked for suspected fraud. You’ll receive a text to confirm whether or not the charges are legitimate. Once you validate the transactions by replying to the text, your card is unblocked, and you can proceed with the transaction. If the alert uncovers a fraudulent transaction, you can reject it, and your card will be blocked until you contact CUTX.
Bill Payer Protection
At CUTX we have built in safeguards when you access our bill payer. First, only members with a CUTX account that is registered for online or mobile banking can access the service. Whether you’re setting up the service, paying, editing, or deleting an account you pay, you must log in using a multi-level authentication. This high level of security ensures that only authorized individuals can complete these types of transactions. So, you can pay your bills easier than writing checks and enjoy greater security at the same time.
Secure & Secure Plus Checking Extra Perks
The internet and mobile devices have made shopping extremely convenient. Unfortunately, the convenience factor extends to identity thieves. That’s why your best option to secure your identity is CUTX’s Secure Checking.
With our Secure Checking, you can enroll in IDProtect™ which provides you with:
- Tri-bureau credit file monitoring (Equifax, Experian, and TransUnion)
- Identity Theft expense reimbursement coverage
- Unlimited access to your credit report
- Identity theft resolution services
- Total identity theft monitoring of 1000 databases that cover all seven categories of ID fraud
These robust checking accounts have many tools to help protect your identity, but they also come with:
- Cell phone insurance ($300 in worldwide protection)
- Buyer’s protection to replace items that get lost or stolen (up to a year)
- Extended warranty coverage that exceeds the manufacturer's warranty on the products you buy
If you upgrade to our Secure Plus Checking, IDProtect benefits are extended to eligible family members. This account also helps insure against loss with up to $10,000 Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance. You also get discounts on:
The Bottom Line
At CUTX, we take the protection of your identity and financial transactions very seriously. You work hard for your money, and it should work for you, not those who seek to take advantage of you. That’s why we offer many tools to help you safeguard how you shop online and make payments.