How many accounts does the credit union allow me to have?
Each member is allowed one membership per social security number. Under each membership the member is allowed to have up to 3 checking accounts.
Opening an account couldn't be easier. Just complete a membership application online or at a branch and open a savings account with $15 or more. After that, you won't be just a customer. You'll be a member and part-owner of CUTX with access to all the services and perks that ownership includes!
Membership is open to almost anyone in the Dallas area:
- Anyone who lives, works or attends an institution of higher learning in Dallas, Collin, and Rockwall counties.
- Anyone who lives or works in select areas of Grayson, Fannin, Ellis, Tarrant, and Denton counties. See our coverage map for details.
- Any member of a school-related association or organization created to service or assist public or private schools.
- Any employee of these companies/organizations. If your company/organization would like to offer credit union membership, please contact Ana Ortiz 972-301-1834. Or email AORTIZ@cutx.org.
- Organizations with members in the CUTX coverage area.
- Anyone related (by blood, marriage or adoption) to individuals that meet any of the qualifications above.
If you have any questions regarding membership qualifications, please contact us. A Services Specialist will be happy to clear things up for you.