See If You Were Impacted
Equifax has set up a site where you can check to see if your personal information has potentially been impacted. CUTX encourages all members to refer to this site for additional and ongoing information about this breach.
Protect Your Information
If you have been impacted by the Equifax Security Breach, the most important thing for you to do is secure your information. CUTX recommends taking the following actions:
- Check your credit reports from Equifax, Experian and Transunion.
- If you have Secure or Secure Plus Checking from CUTX, your account includes Total Identity Monitoring and free, updated credit reports every 90 days or upon receipt of alert. You can access this benefit or enroll here.
- If you do not currently have a Secure Checking account from CUTX, you may obtain your credit report at https://www.annualcreditreport.com.
- Consider placing a fraud alert or a credit freeze on your credit reports.
- A fraud alert requires a business to verify your identity before it issues credit. It is valid for 90 days and may be renewed. There is no charge for a fraud alert. Click here for more information.
- A credit freeze generally stops all access to your credit report and requires verification from you before a report may be obtained. There may be a cost to place and lift a freeze, so you may want to check with credit reporting companies in advance. Click here for more information.
- Closely monitor your credit card and bank accounts for unauthorized charges. Download the CUTX mobile app here so you can review your CUTX accounts anytime, day or night.
If you have not been impacted by this breach, it is still important that you remain vigilant. CUTX has you covered with Total Identity Monitoring that is included with our Secure and Secure Checking Plus accounts.
CUTX has you covered with Secure and Secure Checking PLUS
If you are a current Secure or Secure Checking PLUS account holder, your account includes Total Identity Monitoring. This service includes:
- 3 in 1 credit monitoring (Equifax, Experian, and Transunion)
- Free, updated credit report every 90 days or upon receipt of alert
- Alerts if key changes occur
- Total identity monitoring of over 1,000 databases (the dark web)
If you have not already done so, enroll your account today by clicking here.