CUTX for schools
We engage and support area educators to spread the word about the many benefits of banking at CUTX.
We sponsor several events for schools each year. Our staff is available to help teach students, educators, and parents on financial literacy basics.
We produce and distribute academic planners every year to help educators plan their year.
Each of our branches has adopted an area school. Our staff volunteers time to help teachers and enrich the educational experience for students.
We’re actively involved in new teacher orientations, professional development days and back-to-school events each year.
CUTX for Students
We help students fund their education with our annual Scholarship Award. Each year Credit Union of Texas recognizes outstanding student members through its scholarship program. This scholarship is open to high school seniors, current college students, and members who want to further their education.
Download the 2017 Scholarship Rules and Application
Scholarship entry packet must be postmarked by February 28, 2017. Entries postmarked after that date will be ineligible. Finalists
selected by CUTX will be contacted by March 31, 2017.
Pay for Grades
CUTX rewards and encourages good member students with a Pay for Grades contest. All Secure Checking Account holders in grades 6th-12th are eligible to participate.
- Fall Pay for Grades Contest: Deadline to enter is December 31, 2016; Drawing will take place on January 8, 2017 at the
CUTX Corporate office
- Spring Pay for Grades Contest: Deadline to enter is June 15, 2017; Drawing will take place on June 19, 2017 at the CUTX
- Winners will be notified by mail and/or email and winnings will be deposited directly into their Secure Checking Account
- For complete rules and entry form click here.
Secure and Secure PLUS Checking Are Free for Veterans
With proof of status, which includes: Military ID, DL that list “Veteran” or DD214 doc. Veterans can enjoy all the great benefits of our Secure or Secure PLUS Checking account, with no monthly service charge.
Tax Prep Savings
Save time and money on your tax return preparation with help from TurboTax®. Choose the filing option that works for you:
TurboTax - Keep more of your hard earned money this tax season. Start TurboTax today and save.
Military/Educator Loan Discounts
Active duty and retired military members may save 20 basis points (.20%) on selected Credit Union of Texas loans.
Auto Pay Loan Discounts
Various loan discounts are available for setting up automatic payments. See rate discount details.
Save up to 75% on all your prescription medications with NPS. These cards are pre-activated and ready to use right now. Just show the card to your pharmacist every time and save.
Save on every FDA-approved prescription medicine, both generics and brands, and save on "out-of-network" purchases even if you have insurance.
Find out more
Sprint Cash Back Rewards
CUTX has partnered with Sprint to help you earn more! You can earn up to $100 for every new line when you switch to Sprint. Plus, get a $50 loyalty cash reward every year for every line.
Here's how it works:
- Members get $100 cash reward for every new line when you switch to Sprint
- Current Sprint customers will receive a $50 cash reward for every line transferred into Sprint Credit Union Member Cash Rewards
- Plus, get a $50 loyalty cash reward every year for every line
Here's how to sign up for Sprint rewards:
1. Become a Sprint customer and mention you're a Credit Union of Texas member
2. Register at LoveMyCreditUnion.org/SprintRewards or in the Love My Credit Union Rewards app
3. Allow six to eight weeks to see rewards directly deposited into your credit union account